#28 WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK?
We’ve all heard the phrase, “I buy things I don’t need with money I don’t have to impress people I don’t like.” Hmmmm.
I’ve been watching how much of my behavior is controlled by “what will people think”. So I came up with a list of questions I ask myself.
1. Do I pretend to agree with someone, even though I don’t?
2. Do I worry about what I wear to avoid being disapproved of?
3. Do I say “yes” when I mean “no”?
4. Do I leave a bigger tip when someone may be watching?
5. What am I doing?
6. Do I stretch the story to put myself in a good light?
7. Do I drop impressive names or places for effect?
8. Do I shift my position in a conversation to gain approval?
9. Am I thoroughly honest or am I kidding myself and others?
10. Is my behavior based on what I ‘should’ do or ‘ought to do’?